Monday 19 November 2012

A card for Make it Monday #116 …

james card

Today I thought I'd share with you the card I made for my nephew for his birthday last week. He qualified as a teacher this summer hence the theme for his card. I made the blackboard from coffee stirrers  (I never leave a coffee shop without a few of them tut tut) and a rectangle of black card made to look ‘chalky’ with SU Whisper White ink.

I’d like to enter this card for Make it Monday which I just discovered via Sarah’s blog Sarah’s Little Snippets.

I love this card by MiM DT member Lisa.

Sue x

8 comments:

Christine said...

Fab card Sue - love the blackboard idea. You clever thing! :) x

susibee said...

Lovely card Sue, your nephew will be very pleased with it.

Unknown said...

Oh how fab, so clever the blackboard 'execution'. I lost my way with the card challenge, I might have to have a look at this one :) xxx

Sherryn said...

this card is awesome. love the blackboard and all the other embellies. saw it on MIM xx

Karen said...

Sue this is gorgeous :) It's always so difficult to make 'boy' cards but this is fab xxx

Queen Lightwell said...

Very clever "blackboard"! Also, I love to feed the hamster! Ours died a month or so ago but yours is much easier to care for anyways. :)

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

This is super Sue!! I LOVE your blackboard, what a great idea! and like you I always take the stirrers *blush* but they sit in a wee pile....they are handy for spreading glue too :) The clock button is fab! Sarah xx

Lisa Minckler said...

Hello Sue :)
I absolutely love your card to your nephew! Congrats to him and what a terrific little blackbaord you've designed on an easel of coffee stirrers..LOL..I love this idea and boy oh boy did you ever surprise me by showing my card too. I'm so happy it inspired you. :) Also, we're so happy you found Make It Monday and decided to join us this week for our linky party! :)
Big hugs to you,
Lisa xx