Friday 20 August 2010

A Day at the Races

What a brilliant time we had at Fontwell yesterday! It was Ladies' Day and we went in all our finery. Just watching what some of the ladies were wearing was entertainment in itself! We had a bit of a flutter on each race and actually came out ahead though Marilyn wasn't great at picking her horses. The one time she chose a good one it fell at a fence whilst in the lead! I used to go to the races with my grandad when I was a little girl - he always put a shilling on a grey for me. Had I known that there was a grey running in the fourth race I would definitely have backed it, but I found out too late ... such a shame, it came in 7 lengths in front.
We will definitely go again.
Sue x

2 comments:

susibee said...

How glamourous do you all look? Such a shame about the grey!

Maria said...

Oh this is lovely, especially liking the pic of the man on stilts. Glad you had a good day