Saturday 2 August 2014

CUASMS August Sketch

mojo

 

This month’s Come Up And See My Sketchings group sketch was found for us at Sketch Support by Alison. Thank you, Alison.

CUASMS August_Sketch

 

The sketch did exactly what a sketch is designed to do – provide a starting point. Using a sketch helps to get you started and prevents that tedious for me anyway bit of scrapping where you shuffle elements endlessly around the page. For my layout I substituted the three photos with one wide landscape picture. I did toy with the idea of chopping the phot100% boyo into three sections but couldn’t bring myself to cut across little Joseph’s legs. I embellished the page with images cut from the Cricut Boys will be Boys cartridge, more suited to my subject than butterflies. And here’s my finished page, recording four-month-old Joseph on the point of crawling.

signature

2 comments:

Lesley G said...

Such a cute layout - love the trucks!

susibee said...

Oh I'm with you totally - using a sketch saves loads of paper shuffling Lol!

The page is gorgeous, I love everything, the photo, the papers and the trucks.