Sunday 19 June 2011

Tags and Cupcakes

tags 2Today I went with a bunch of Littlegreen Croppers to Jendenink for some Tim Holtz style tag making. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed this the last time we went. Jennie has agreed to do a Christmas tags session for us in October – I’m looking forward to that.

Sarah has included fuller details about the tags on her blog, Scraps of Sarah.

I wanted to take something nice to munch on so yesterday afternoon I had my second attempt at making cupcakes. I tried a recipe I found online and it made a very tasty and moist sponge. I need to practise the icing bit but, on the whole they weren’t half bad, even if I do say so myself,. :o)

Vanilla Cupcake ingredients:P1010918

  • 1/2 cup (113 grams) butter
  • 2/3 cup (130 grams) caster sugar
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups (195 grams) self raising flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk

I made them in my food processor but added the ingredients in the traditional way, butter and sugar, then eggs and vanilla extract a bit at a time with a little flour. Then remaining flour on a low speed.

I bought the edible buttons from funkycupcaketoppers on Ebay.

Sue x

5 comments:

Choccy said...

Wow your tags are gorgeous Sue and those cupcakes look soo scrummy .
I adore those buttons !!
Choccy xxx

susibee said...

Fabulous tags and fabulous cupcakes:) Trust you to find edible buttons lol!

Karen said...

Those edible buttons are brilliant :D
The tags are pretty good too LOL x

Linda said...

Yummy cakes! Love the edible buttons!! Tags look good too!

Katie said...

They were absolutely scrummy cakes :)