Sunday 17 February 2013

The View Challenge - February

Continuing with Jen’s challenge to take a photo of the same view each month and record the changes, here is my kitchen window view at the beginning of February.Feb windowI so love the flowers that herald the coming of spring. Our front garden is full of pretty white snowdrops very precious to us as they came from Michael's dad’s garden and the daffodils are in bud ready to blossom into their yellow loveliness. The ones in the vase are from Tesco of course. I have to show you a second January shot taken the day after I last blogged The View ChallengeFeb snow… we awoke to the muffled sounds that tell you it’s been snowing and found everything beautifully transformed. 

Last but not least, we had a visit to the garden from a woodpecker I have seen him before but only very rarely. I was just leaving to meet mum and Marilyn at Ikea when I spotted him – out came the camera and needless to say, I was late for our shopping trip!woodpecker Jen sent me her lovely page and I made a sketch from it then a layout.

Sketch 3 2 February

Sue x

Jan1 January Feb snow FebFeb window

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow, I love your post today, I never would have thought therecould be such a difference from one month to another between Jan and Feb, but already you have a lovely record of it. Thanks so much for joining in my challenge :)

I love the gorgeous jewel colours you have used for the layout and how brilliant to have a woodpecker!

Thanks again Sue xxxx

Unknown said...

Love it. The difference is amazing. I'm loving seeing everyone's pictures. Lovely flowers. The woodpecker is a great addition to the garden & great shot of him.

Katherine said...

That's a great idea....could do a whole seasonal page thing with it too - love the page and great sketch :)

susibee said...

What a difference a day makes!

I love that you have a woodpecker and managed to get such a great shot of him.

Looking forward to March now:)

Christine said...

You are so lucky to have been paid a visit from Woody Woodpecker :D We had one in our garden once according to Dan - she keeps rubbing it in that I missed it! :(
I love the colours on your LO. And to see the transformation in your garen is fab! :)

Twiglet said...

Bit late for WOYWW so I thought I would say... Wow a green woodie - lucky you. We only get greater spotted here but they are lovely all the same. x Jo

Maggie said...

This is a super idea, how different your view is this month compared to last. Love the page that you made from the sketch.